Saturday, February 20, 2010

Introducing the Cover Series : The Police


If you remember, and I'm sure you do, I plan to release free EPs of cover songs at the pace of one a month until I drop dead.


Cover Series Vol.1 : "Dreaming Up Schemes", four songs from one of my favorite bands of all time, The Police.

Release Date : March 1st.

Track list :

1 - Darkness : a beautiful and haunting synthpop tune from the "Ghosts in the Machine" album, written by drummer Stewart Copeland. My own cover is a vintage synth fest, a dense, intricate wall of analogue sounds.

2 - Invisible Sun : the well-known hit song, off the same album, famously banned by the BBC for its subdued political content (Ireland). I went for a grittier, more electric sound on this one.

3 - Secret Journey : again on "Ghost in the Machine", an atmospheric, spiritual song, which I treated in a somewhat funkier, spacier way, with relentless groove and plenty of 70's-like string machines.

4 - Walking on the Moon : I played this one as a low-key ballad, with crunchy beats and a very open sound.

No comments: