Sunday, May 9, 2010

Hats Off to Gforce Software


Now here's what I call responsiveness : I've sent an email this morning to Gforce Software asking about the status of the expansion pack that was announced early on for the outstanding Virtual String Machine.

A mere two hours later, I've received word from Dave Spiers that the expansion pack is still in the works, thanks Jeebus, and will feature some historic stringey beauties such as the Roland VP330 and Yamaha GX-1.

The Virtual String Machine is to me the definitive, well, string machine emulation, providing instant 1970's/1980's string magic to any song. My own review is HERE.

Needless to say I'm a huge fan of Gforce's products, ever since I've bought their fantabulous Mellotron plugin, and I'll sure wait anxiously for more on the Virtual String Machine.

Gforce Software official site : http://www.gforcesoftware.com

2 comments:

Epsilon said...

I second your praise. The guys at Gforce have created some great products representing good value for money. I originally wanted the VSM but actually went for the M-tron Pro, which includes many different mellotron tapes. Those can then be tweaked with filter, delay and ensemble effects (plus the fun of half-speed and reverse tape mode). Unfortunately the phaser effect is missing, but that can be added via a plug-in effect to the track in a DAW. Here is my demo track of the M-tron Pro: http://tinyurl.com/37ukxbl

khoral said...

I recently upgraded my M-Tron to the Pro version as well...
Awesome sounds and tweaking options...

Beautiful demo, real moody and Jarre-esque...
I'll post a link to that later on this week...