Thursday, October 14, 2010

Unplugged du Jour : "Nixonia"


New recording - piano and guitar.
Unplugged take from upcoming "Up the River" album.


"One bored Saturday morning 
With your good dog the evil boys went hunting
Through the darkened woods
Through the rain
I lost track of time, empty, nothing
Summer was black and flowers were droning
Through the darkened woods
Through the rain
By Saddle River, struck by self-pity
An old man stood, quietly weeping
“Sad men long for fortune and glory”
One of the boy tripped and fell down on me
I lost my temper and tried to hurt him
Instinct reigned free and he kicked me so mean
I saw a black hole in a tree
A black hole in a tree
A swarm of fear came to me
They knew I was gone but no-one would search
This poor dog’s eyes were swelled shut
I jumped in the river and slept on the bank
Back home I wished you were here
I brought myself down and know I was weak
I gave them the sword and they stuck it in
Back home I wished you were here
You’d raise your finger and say failure’s a sin
You’d say unless you hate them they don’t win"

Nixonia (Unplugged) by khoral

No comments: